No longer in Kenya (aaah!) but still a Kenyan at heart...

Tuesday 21 August 2007

Crouch, Touch, Pause... ENGAGE!

The rugby world cup is about to start soon, and as a good 'Souf Efrikan' boytjie, I will be watching most games in anticipation to see how my 'bokke' perform. To be honest, not really too excited about their prospects, but will still support them with all my heart...
The caption for the pic on the left is:
Crouch, Touch, Pause... ENGAGE! (Really 'tickled' my funny bone!)
Makes me think of my 'youth' to an extent as well. You see, I spent my high school years in an Afrikaans High School in the years when segregation was still 'the law' in SA, and as a warm blooded afrikaans boytjie, you had no real choice in the matter when it came to inclusion in a rugby team - that, or you were branded a 'moffie' (Faggot). Boy, did they make a mistake with me...
I've always been a bit left of centre, and flatly refused to be included in a rugby team. (In hindsight, I think I would have loved to play the game, but was just trying to be difficult and not a conformist...) So, I chose to play hockey instead, and got branded for it. If they only knew... Would have loved to 'scrum' with a few of the first team rugby players! Now, at least, I enjoy watching the game and enjoy supporting my team. It's also a good way to socialize with friends.
That's all for today folks - now, y'all have a fruitful day, see!
TTFN

1 comment:

A Lewis said...

"Crouch, pause, tough, engage"....
Are you sure we're talking about sports here?