No longer in Kenya (aaah!) but still a Kenyan at heart...

Monday 6 August 2007

Weekend's without my love...

Was the first weekend back in Nairobi for a while, and with no specific travel plans for the next bit, not sure when I'll be back in SA to see my hubby again. On the one side I'm glad to be 'home' for a bit, and able to catch up with my staff and work, but on the other side, it also means that my personal life gets 'left behind' a bit.

This weekend Estelle spent Friday and Saturday night at my place, and we watched a few movies, ate a bit (a lot, actually!) and just had a good time. Saturday afternoon Elize joined us, and had a 'girls' afternoon. This basically means, we put on face masks, did heat packs, cooling eye patches, pedicures, manicures, body exfoliations, etc etc. Really rediculous, but it was fun. Used every product in our arsenal, and also went out a bought a few extras... What is really fun about this is that we drink a few bottles of wine, and then follow this up with a meal. Saturday was Oso bucco made in red wine and tomato with steamed basmati rice. (It's still a little chilly here, so nice 'comfort' food is on the menu most of the time.)

Sunday I watched a movies called Gray Matters - a bit silly really, but a good 'coming out' story for our 'thesbian brotheren/sisteren'. I have a lot of really great gay female friends, and love spending time with them - so you gals go and rent this movie now, see!

Just read trought what I've written and it's a whole bunch of hog wash. Trying to write something inbetween all the work, emails, phone calls, instant messages etc etc. Not working really, so going to stop rampbling now. Need to do something here when I have more time to concentrate on what I'm doing. Maybe it's true what they say - a man cannot multi - task...

Hope y'all have a wonderful day, filled with love, hugs and kisses!

TTFN

1 comment:

A Lewis said...

What? No microderm abrasion? Just just need a fast-spinning wheel and a piece of really rough sandpaper. Let me tell you, you'd need a bottle of wine after that. Sounds like a lovely weekend. Count your blessings, not your lack of them. Thinknig of you this week.