No longer in Kenya (aaah!) but still a Kenyan at heart...

Wednesday 6 May 2009

Another day...



So last night I'm in the most excellent mood (Traffic was a breeze, had some stunning Thai noodles for dinner and got a call from a friend I have not spoken to in a while) - watch a bit of Ugly Betty, laugh, and then it's the episode where Molly informs Daniel that she has cancer and she needs her space. I duly cry myself to sleep after this and then it starts raining - honestly, how melodramatic can one queen become... Maybe it was just a little close to home.
And on another note - I met a very nice (YOUNG!) man. Not ready to go into another relationship but enjoying the attention. Did I mention he's YOUNG? Very young - twenty years younger than I am... Can I hear you say 'pedophile'? Just chatting at the moment and he is wise beyond his years, which I'm really enjoying. I miss talking to someone on a more than superficial level and he's a great conversationalist... (OK fine, I'll stop trying to justify it!)
My poor father is going moggy - he went to the Post Office and signed for my new Credit Cards - they duly sent me a text informing me that they were collected and I stopped them, thinking it's some sort of scam. He them tries to use them (WTF!) and nearly gets arrested for fraud... Did I mention my dad has 'Alzheimer's light' and we have the same initials? My poor mom is devastated but I just reassured them that I'm here for them and we can sort this out too. So when exactly do parents become children again?
Just a few random thoughts from me today - no specific order and completely 'allovertheplace'.
Hugs and hope y'all are well,
TTFN

5 comments:

Tamaku said...

Billy,

Great to hear you so cheery and sounding happy. Seems like a fab guy; hey just do your thing! Alzheimer's is difficult, I pray for the courage and strength to cope.

PS. I love allovertheplace!

Anonymous said...

Attention from a young man sounds like a tonic. I feel for you with having to look out for your folks. It's strange how roles switch.

Have a good week.

Anonymous said...

Wow...You piss glitter? teehee!

Younger man huh...Well...He has
great taste :) Glad you're enjoying
the chats...

My hubby's Nanny had Alzheimers...
His aunt was taking care of her
but could no longer do it after
she kept getting out of the house
and walking down the street...
She had also fallen and broke her
thigh bone...It was hard...

TACKLE YOU HUGS!!!!!!!!!

Laurie

A Lewis said...

Alzheimer's Light?? That's one I've never heard of! As for the young one, GO FOR IT! Dig it, enjoy it, take it for what it is.....

Billy said...

Thanks all! The 'light' part to my dad's illness is because he is being treated and is coping pretty well most of the time - if he takes his meds! So, we call it 'light' as he's not 'that bad yet'.

As for the young man - mmmmm, we'll see...