No longer in Kenya (aaah!) but still a Kenyan at heart...

Monday 25 May 2009

Weekend Fun.


The weekend was so needed and yet, I'm knackered this morning... Probably my own fault as I did not take the time to rest a bit and last week was HECTIC crazy at work. Can't wait for middle of June when we have a public holiday again and I can take a long weekend. But in the meantime, will have to make a point of taking it a little easy.

Friday evening I went to dinner with a few friends and enjoyed our usual spot tremendously. HEAT is a 'family friendly' restaurant that caters for a customer that does not want to be rushed trough his meal - I'm a bit of a local there...

Then on Saturday it was Rugby Semi Finals at Loftus in Pretoria and I went to go and watch the game - yes, I'm quite the butch little number if I wanna be. I've always been a Shark supporter but they did not make it to the semi's so I'll support the only South African team left in the race - and they won, so this weekend it's Finals, again at Loftus. Will see if I can get tickets, they are pretty scarce...

Then yesterday T and I went for breakfast, went to the Roof Market at Rosebank. She was looking for a painting and I was dragged along as the 'gay friend with an eye for decor'. Not intending to buy a thing - the house is full enough, I decided that I'll only get some delicacies at the deli (pun not intended) as they have a stunning selection if olives, stuffed pepadews, cheeses and cold meats. This was for dinner on Sunday evening as the young man was coming over for a visit.

Well, we ended up eating all sorts of fun little nibbly bits in the bedroom, and then made a nice platter for ourselves to enjoy afterwards... Great, fragrant blue cheese, olives stuffed with garlic and olives stuffed with blue cheese, pepadews stuffed with feta, rare roast beef, great Camembert cheese and a freshly baked fresh loaf. Stunning... Really enjoying my time with the young man, he's intelligent, well spoken, soft hearted and in general just a really great guy. Don't know what's going to happen and not over thinking it too much. Will see what happens and just go with the flow.

So, that was my 'boring' weekend. Really need a little bit of a rest...

TTFN

2 comments:

Tamaku said...

Seems like you had a great weekend, Billy. And I'm sure you enjoyed the 'nibbly bits' in the bedroom ;)

Anonymous said...

Hey...They have gay rugby...

I would have dragged you with me to
go shopping too...I would need
someone to carry the bags :)

Glad you enjoyed the time with your
friend...Good conversation is key
a good thing :)

TACKLE YOU HUGS!!!!!!

Laurie