No longer in Kenya (aaah!) but still a Kenyan at heart...

Monday 18 May 2009

Winter is here!

And mummy is NOT a happy camper! I don't do winter very well. It a miserable time of the year. Part of what I loved about Kenya was that winter was all of three weeks long and it was never really that cold (I know my Kenyan readers will disagree, but see it from my point of view.) . This morning it was 1 (1, I ask you!) outside the car on the way to work. Pretoria (where I live) is always a few degrees warmer than Joburg (where I work) and this was in a dip on the way. Fine, it's a perfect 22 in the car and my buns are nice and toasty from the seat heaters, but it looks cold outside and it feels cold outside, so I'm miserable. And then I'm trying to lose weight this time of the year...

There are advantages to winter in South Africa - great winter fruit, sleeping under the goose down duvet, hearty stews and hot puddings with warm custard (Oh wait, trying to lose the pounds so that's out!), cuddling (miss Dawie...), nights in around the heater (miss Dawie still...), my doggies in their pj's - too cute for words, Mom's pancakes, Mom's vegetable soup (Heaven!!!), Woolies's smoked haddock chowder, etc, etc.

So, hold onto your loved ones, cuddle up under a warm blanket and enjoy the cold weather. I, on the other hand will be cuddling up to my dogs with the gas heater blaring in the corner...

Warm thoughts to all,

TTFN

3 comments:

A Lewis said...

Oh boy, this is one of our first great stretches of good weather....sorry to steal it from you!

Anonymous said...

Oh Honey...It's to hot to cuddle
with anybody here...

I don't like it hot and I don't
like it cold either...I want to
be able to wear shorts or pants
and be comfortable either way...

TACKLE YOU HUGS!!!!!!!!!

Laurie

PS. With just the TALK of food
I have gained weight...NO!

Glennis said...

Yes that's the way to deal with winters chills, except I snuggle my cat rather than a dog, and my Husband ofcause. Plus big bowls of hot homemade soup and crusty bread.