No longer in Kenya (aaah!) but still a Kenyan at heart...

Tuesday 19 May 2009

It's astounding, time is fleeting...


So me and young man are going out to watch the 'Rocky Horror Show' tonight. I've been to this specific show before (It's the second run at the theatre) and it really is worth it going. Dawie and I went together about 5 years ago...
Sure, the characters aren't as good as Tim Curry in the movie, but that's to be expected, and it really is fun when you all get to do the time warp together with the cast... Gawd - us 'gurls' love a good moment of drama and big arm movements!
When I was young (Back in 1920...) a friend had a Rocky Horror party and I dressed up as 'Frank N Fruter' - not looking completely dissimilar to Tim Curry in the picture on the right. As my car was 'non functional' that specific evening I 'borrowed' my sisters VW Beetle Bug and we piled into the car and drove off to the party. Later (Much later and quite a few bottles of liquid refreshment later) we decided to go to the local gay bar in Pretoria for a few more drinks. It was pouring with rain and me and 7 other friends piled into the Beetle.
As we drove down the hill in Waterkloof (A very posh upmarket area of Pretoria) I lost control of the car and slid into the front lawn of a rather imposing mansion on Lois Ave, coming to a halt just in front of their front door. As we started bailing out of the car (nobody got hurt, we were going very slowly) the owner of the house came rushing out to see what was going on. Now, try and imagine his face when he looked at me - mascara running down my cheeks from the heavy rain, a 6''4 man in suspenders and a leotard and a VERY LARGE wig being ruined by incessant rain... It took some convincing from our side for him not to call my parents. I did however have to explain to my sister the next day why her Beetle was not quite so pristine anymore after being 'parked' in the yard all evening. She just won't let me live that one down, btw.
So, tonight I'm on a 'date' - what fun, and this on a Tuesday evening. I'm such a rebel me...
TTFN

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Remember, it's just a jump to the left and then a step to the right...