No longer in Kenya (aaah!) but still a Kenyan at heart...

Friday 15 May 2009

Losing the odd pound...



So this is the last weekend that I'm allowed to just stuff stuff down my throat... Yes, as of Monday I'll be on my new fitness and health regime...

So, I have a personal trainer. I've had one session with her already - her nickname is Hitler, and I going to empty the cupboards off all the offending goods this weekend. Don't worry - not putting it in the bin, I'll eat it all! (Just kidding!) If there are no sweet treats in the house I cannot eat them. So it's going to be rice cakes and cottage cheese now - how very exciting!

Hitler - a short ULTRA fit little black lady has the bedside (treadmill side?) manner of sand paper but at least she's not intimidated. I'm about double her weight (if not more) and double her height so she could easily have stood back for my 'bitchy little disposition' but she does not back down - which is what I pay her for. The fact that I could not turn the steering wheel on my way home was apparently not that important to her... We will see how well this lasts but I have three (!!!!) sessions a week with her, so hopefully we will be able to see our feet in a couple of months... (It's not that bad, but it feels that bad! I can see my feet - I have mirrors.)

So, here we go from Goodyear Blimp to ... well, I don't know but at least my 'healthy lifestyle' is on the move.

Quit smoking - we've been having it,

Lose the weight - we should be having it,

Get fit - Hitler will be having it!

Hope y'all have a really pretty weekend!

TTFN

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YEY!! A healthy Willem is a happy
Willem...You'll feel better
in a few days :) I need to get off
my fat tushy and exercise...I just
don't like the walk to the rowing
machine...HEY! It's like a whole
10 foot away from where I sit...

TACKLE YOU HUGS!!!!!!!!

Laurie