No longer in Kenya (aaah!) but still a Kenyan at heart...

Wednesday 20 May 2009

Normal...

So last night I'm having a ball of fun at Rocky Horror and then I get home... As I'm a Facebook/Voyeur.com addict (Think I've admitted this before.) I quickly log in to 'check' and my aunt (My Mom's sister - we have a very special relationship - long story, will tell it one day.) has left a note on my wall...

Lately she's been really busy writing the nicest things on her updates about how we should treat others, love unconditionally, be ourselves regardless, smile, be happy etc etc. Really profound stuff. And then she writes on my wall that at our last Family Festival in September last year (a yearly get together of family for a weekend) Dawie, who at that stage was already really sickly and weak, told her that he would lay down his own life for me at the drop of a hat if it could save mine... I remember him saying this, and at that stage I dismissed it as 'just talk'... Now she tells me that her inspiration for all her 'words of wisdom' come from this specific incident, and that he was (her words) 'a stunning friend/partner'.

And here I am 'dating' again and starting afresh. I did not sleep a wink. I'm tired, emotional and a complete wreck today. How dare I just go on with life if Dawie meant so much to me? How dare I think that I could ever replace him?

I'm a mess...

Gawd - think I should start taking those 'happy tabs' again!

3 comments:

A Lewis said...

Happy tabs or not, I think it's high time for you and me to have a drink on the patio.

Anonymous said...

Glad you had fun at the show :)
That is a really good movie :)

You're not replacing Dawie...You're
just friends with this boy...Don't
worry... :)


TACKLE YOU HUGS!!!!!!!!!

Laurie

Billy said...

Looking forward to that drink Arnie... Think we'll get along swimingly...

And thanks for the kind word my dear Laurie!